Saturday, March 9, 2013

Some More Random Facts About Our Little Blog

Okay, its 1pm on a Saturday and I'm being rather lazy.  My house looks like a homeless person lives here, I have laundry for days, and my car needs to be washed - BUT why would I do any of that?  I haven't had a Saturday off in what feels like months, and instead I'm going to waste hours tooling around the internet.  (Does it count that I was tooling around looking for recipes for future blog posts?)  So I compromised... there's a load of laundry running now.  (Towels... I ran out and will need them to shower later.  Still... at least I'm doing something.)

So I'm killing some time before I need to take Ozzy down to the dog park and then go to another Chef Glenn wine pairing dinner.  (It's a rough life but somebody needs to live it.)  So I figured I'd update everyone on some more fun stats and some more FAQ I've gotten.  Here goes.

-  As of 12:49pm on 3/9/2013 - we have 4434 page views

-  The top 3 most viewed posts have slightly changed and they are now:  Baby Back Ribs (9/24/12), Lobster Thermidor (5/13/12), and Filet Mignon (4/15/12)

-  Following very closely behind are the posts for Cornish Game Hens (the first one), John's Birthday, and Beef Wellington 2.0

-  Our top referring sites are now www.google.com, www.facebook.com, www.pinterest.com

-  The US, Russia, and Germany are still our top viewing countries

-  We've had unexpected hits from places like the United Arab Emirates, Belarus, Nigeria, and Ecuador

-  We have been viewed by every continent with the exceptions of Antarctica (obviously) and Australia (what's up with that?!)

-  We get the majority of our page views on Sunday mornings and Monday evenings  (I tend to post on Monday mornings)

-  63% of you use Windows, 15% use your iPhone, 8% use a Mac

FAQ

Any new favorite meals since we last read your "random facts" post?
We have a new found obsession with anything that's a souffle.  Also, I've discovered that salted caramel or salted chocolate is quite possibly the greatest thing on the face of the planet.  And just because someone (you know who you are) questioned me on it last night - fried pickles!

Is there anything you still feel like you haven't perfected?
We're still trying to master a homemade BBQ sauce that we all love.  None of us really understand the difference between Kansas vs. Texas vs. N. Carolina, etc style BBQ, so maybe we'll have to make that a blog night.  Pulled pork sandwiches with a different sauce from each "region" of BBQ cooking?  I don't know - send me your favorite recipes, people.

How's that juicer working out for you?
Freaking fantastic.  Just wait until summer.  Think of all the fresh fruit margaritas we can make!!!

What type of camera do you use to take your photos?
My trusty iPhone 4 in its beat up purple case.  And no, I've never had any professional photography lessons.  Haha.  (Okay, we need to do some work on lighting, but whatever.)

What can we look forward to in the coming spring and summer season?
Okay, well, we're trying to be a little healthier.  So expect a lot more fish, more greens, and more fruits.

Do you get paid for your endorsements of places on your blog?
Nope.  However, if Stew Leonard's feels like throwing a gift card my way, I'm the blond girl there at 7am on Sunday mornings mowing people down with my shopping cart while child armies stop to stare at the fake cow and get in my way.  And Romanacci's can feel free to comp my pizza next time if they want.  (We didn't blog about it, but their pizza is insane!)

Are there any other local places you will be reviewing?
We haven't really decided on any yet, but if you know of anywhere you'd like us to check out, please email us and we definitely will!

You guys live in Norwalk, CT.  For those of us that are local, what are some of your favorite restaurants?
Oh geez.  There's a lot.  A few of them include Tintos Tapas Bar, Barcelona, BANC, Osteria Romana, Match, Burger Bar & Bistro, Valencia, Red Lulu, Wild Rice... I could go on.  John and Jenn live at BJ Ryan's for lazy lunches, too.  Also, I'm a huge fan of Rizzuto's in Stamford for their reverse happy hour.  It's delicious. 

Why are there less mentions of Harry's Wine Shop? 
It's not intentional.  We just don't always have the time to head up there.  They also did such a fantastic job educating us in wine that we've been trying to match our meals on our own now. 

Did you give up on Steak Frites?  There hasn't been mention of them in a long time.
Give up?  You crazy?  Pretty much any time we cook anything that involves butter (like the garlic king crab legs, garlic oil for dipping, garlic tequila marinade for the flank steak tacos), we look at each other and go "this would taste great on steak frites."  The problem is that steak frites isn't really going to work with this "healthy eating" thing we're trying to do. 


Okay, that's enough for now.  My laundry just buzzed, and Ozzy is getting on my nerves, so we're going for a walk.  I'll update tomorrow morning with pictures from Chef Glenn's dinner, and then update Monday morning with our standard blog post.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment